Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall Treats

We made several fall treats (courtesy of pinterest) and thought I would share what we made.

I don't have a real recipe of the muffins - but so simple!  A can of pumpkin and a cake mix.  That's it!!  Just mix together, put in a muffin pan, bake 15-20 minutes.  I glazed mine with a little powdered sugar, cinnamon and milk to make the desired consistency.

Next the girls and I made spooky s'mores to share with all their friends at school.

It was a ghost peep, some graham cracker squares and a mini hershey bar.  I thought they were so cute!

Next we did cards to go along with them

We just did handprints on black paper to look like ghotsts.  We used a sharpie to make the eyes  mouth.

And finally - I made crockpot apple butter.  I have to say it is the most delicious apple butter.  I love it!!


Crockpot Apple Butter:
18 peeled and chopped apples - I used 3 different kinds. 
1 c. Sugar
1 1/2 c. Brown sugar
2 T. Cinnamon
1/4 t. ground cloves
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
 
 Cook on high for 2 hours and then low for 2 hours.  Pour into blender and process until smooth. 
We canned ours. 

No comments: