Friday, March 20, 2009

We have a walker...

Mallary, Wednesday night I was trying to get you and Gracie rounded up for baths. You were sitting next to Daddy on the kitchen floor while he was on the computer. I started calling for you and Gracie to come on. Neither of you were overly motivated to listen to me so I started saying "March, March, March" and Gracie comes marching in. I said come on Mallary so you stood up on your own and were just standing there (something you have accomplished in the last week). At this point I am thinking to myself - Ha Ha how funny would it be if she just marched into the dining room to where we were - laughing to myself.

The next thing we know - you took off - a good 4 or 5 steps before you realized what was going on. You stopped, assumed the crawling position and zoomed over to us. Mommy, Daddy and Gracie never cheered and clapped so loud for you in our lives. It was amazing that we were all there to witness your first steps. We were so excited for you.

You have taken a few more steps like that here and there, but are such a champion crawler and climber that you are content zooming around on the floor for now.

No comments: