Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Strawberry Farm

Did the title bring back the memories of this post from last year?

Wednesday night while waking up in the middle of the night to turn the TV off - I caught a commercial for a strawberry farm close to Huntsville. I made a mental note of the farm name and drifted off. When I woke up Thursday morning - I actually remembered the commercial, googled the farm and found it right away. I called it at 9 when they opened and they said they had plenty of berries to pick. We loaded up and drove an hour away not knowing what I was going to find.

The farm was lovely. The strawberry fields were nicely maintained. They had several greenhouses with beautiful baskets of flowers and overall, a super nice place. The girls and I grabbed our buckets and starting picking the best strawberries I have ever had. You could smell strawberries when we got out of the car. They were red and juicy and delicious!

We came home and made delicious strawberry pie to go with our dinner and then 2 more for MeMe and Chief and Alan's office.

It was a wonderful morning!
Getting ready to fill her bucket





No outing is complete without having some cookies and lemonade
These are some of our berries, washed and ready for pie!

Delicious Strawberry Pie!! Yummy!

No comments: