I debated on sharing this story b/c it shows flaws in my parenting skills...(Ha Ha, I'm kidding - I by no means think that I am perfect). I really debated b/c it involves a "bad" word, but I have decided that it is much too funny
Several weeks ago (think new baby, toddler, readapting to less sleep, etc.) I was getting Gracie her "choco-latte" (chocolate milk) for bed time. Well somehow I spilled a huge cup of chocolate milk everywhere and I mean everywhere. Being the potty mouth that I am I said "Oh S*it". Gracie immediately repeated my phrase. Quick thinker that I am - I ignored the fact that she had just said it and she repeated it another time or two but quickly went on her way and the phrase was never uttered again. I'm thinking I'm so smart, knowing that if I had told her not to say this, I'd be hearing it daily and being grateful I didn't say anything worse than that.
Fast forward to last week...I wanted to go to a local farm and pick strawberries. Strawberries are Gracie's favorite fruit and I thought she would get a kick out of seeing them on a farm and picking her own. We get loaded up and head off to the farm. Gracie asks me where are we going and I tell her "We are going to a farm to get lots of strawberries" I flip my rearview mirror so I can see her reaction to this new adventure and she so sweetly replies:
"Oh S*it (while slapping her forehead with the palm of her hand), You're kidding me".
I laughed so hard, I thought I was going to have to pull over to get control of myself.
And, yes, I was kidding her b/c when we got to the farm, there were no strawberries. They decided not to plant them this year. We'll go back in June for blueberries.
2 comments:
YOU SHOULD PUBLISH THAT!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oooh, Mary!!! That is too funny!
Mama C
Post a Comment