Wednesday, May 7, 2008

School's out for summer!

Today was Gracie's last day of school. I was somewhat sad b/c I realized how fast this school year has passed and feel like it was just yesterday that she was getting dropped off for her 1st day. I would say that she had a very successful year! She seems smarter than ever knowing how to count to 20, singing lots and lots of songs and recognizing all her numbers (1-10), colors and letters. Our walls were constantly filled with beautiful pictures she made for us and we occasionally got a laugh at her getting in trouble at school. For example, today's timeout was for spitting - I know, gross. When I asked the teacher about it even she couldn't keep a straight face. Apparently Gracie was standing in a chair drooling/spitting on the floor. When the teacher told her to stop that, Gracie replied, "But the spit is in my mouth" and the teacher told well she just needs to swallow it. When I asked her about it she said, "well I spit b/c i don't want the spit in my mouth."

All the Friends


Ms. Tammy



Ms. Marcie


Monday night was also Gracie's "Spring Show." All the children were decked out in their red, blue, yellow and green for a special concert for the mom's and dad's. We dropped Gracie off in her classroom at 6:00 and went off to get our seats. I wanted to be as close as possible for the diva's performance (Remember this). They brought the kids out and put the toddler class directly on stage. They were standing there for a minute when Gracie's hand goes towards her face/nose. Alan is saying under his breath, "don't pick your nose, don't be that child". Luckily she was quickly distracted by all the balloons They started off with Hello Everybody with all sorts of little motions including hip shaking which Gracie had down perfect. It was pretty funny. She spotted us and said I see my mommy and daddy and kept on singing. Next was the anticipated Twinkle Twinkle , she did very well. I was quite proud of my little star!!! The spring show pics didn't turn out too well, but I have ordered the DVD of the performance so we will have a treasure forever!


Before her Debut!

On Stage

Shaking her Hips!




Be sure the read the below post if you haven't.

1 comment:

The Cromers said...

Hey, Mary! Thanks so much for the sweet comment. This motherhood thing is crazy! You have a BEAUTIFUL family...now I can keep up on your blog!