Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's beginning to look like christmas

and that would indicate I am decorating for Christmas which I am not....yet. I have started shopping - check some off my list! I am looking for some new Christmas CD's and super cute ornaments for some swaps - if you see some let me know where. But, in the spirit of the upcoming holidays - I received 2 different Christmas surveys this week...so I thought it would be a good blog post for everyone. Copy this and share on your blog too. I'd love to read your traditions and memories.

Hot chocolate, apple cider, or egg nog? Hot chocolate and Apple Cider!

Turkey or Ham? Alan’s fried turkey

Decorations on the outside of your house? Yep, white lights on the bushes, garland, red bows and lights on the rails of the porch and wreaths in the windows.

Snowball fights or sledding? Any snow please! But definitely snow ball fight!

Do you like hanging around the fireplace because it's warm? Sure if we had one

Do you enjoy going downtown shopping? Sure in Decatur, Bham, ummm, not so much!

Favorite Christmas song? Seriously, all of them. My girls and I sing jingle bells all the time – as in year round!

Favorite Christmas movies? Christmas Vacation by far my fav!

When is it too early to start listening to Christmas music? Before Halloween

Stockings before or after presents? Before!!

Carolers, do you listen to them? I would if they came to my house!

Do you read the night before christmas? Yes before the girls go to bed and then we put out cookies for santa

What do you do after presents and dinner? Clean up, lay around, open up gifts from their packages, sometimes a movie.

What is your favorite holiday smell? Christmas tree pine scent, clovey spice scent

Favorite Childhood Christmas memory? Making cookies with mom and Elaine, peeking over the stair rail to see if santa had come, decorating the tree, going to see Santa at Brookwood mall.

Favorite Part about winter? When the weathermen hint at the chance of snow and gets everyone overexcited about the flurry we might get!

Ever been kissed under mistletoe? probably

Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper if possible

Real tree or Artificial? Real

When do you put up the tree? 1st weekend of December

Do you like eggnog? gag

Favorite gift received as a child? everything

Easiest person to buy for? Alan and the girls

Do you have a nativity scene? yes

Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing, as in, no gift. Thanks Alan.

When do you start shopping? October, but have gotten things earlier before.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies

Lights on the tree? white lights

Travel at Christmas or stay home? both

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? yes

Angel on the tree top or a star? A bow

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? christmas morning

Favorite ornament theme or color? We have a radko tree and our tree of ornaments like our hallmark ones we get each year, colored balls, ornament swap ones, etc.

Favorite for Christmas dinner? Beef tenderloin and potato casserole.

No comments: