Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mother's Day Tea at First Baptist

Gracie's kindergarten had a super special Mother's Day Tea planned for the mom's at their school today.  All the mom's were lined up in the hallway by the Heritage Room waiting to be called by their child.  When I came in the room I was given a corsage made from her handprints and we had our picture made.  Then Gracie asked me where would I like to sit and took me to a seat.  Then she asked me if I would like water or punch to drink and served me my drink like such a big girl. Afterwards she tip toed away and came back with a lovely lunch of chicken salad, pasta salad and strawberry pretzel salad for my lunch.  We sat together and chatted and then it was time for their program.  Each child wrote a poem for their mom and filled out a questionnaire about their mom.  Those were read and were absolutely precious (and funny).  Then they sang some cute songs about mom's.  Next it was time for a sweet gift - a handpainted vase with some flowers and a bookmark.  Does Mother's Day get any better than that?  I don't think so : )















No comments: