All summer long, I've thought that kindergarten was no big deal - we're going to a small school, we're not entering public school, it's only a half day, we're used to going every day, etc.etc.etc. Well something happened at parent orientation and my eyes got a little teary and they stayed teary for several days. I think I used those aforementioned sayings as ways to convince myself that my Gracie girl was not truly a big girl, but oh she is. She is so grown up and she is so ready for kindergarten and all the learning and fun that goes along with it. I'm so proud of how well she did on her 1st day and so proud that she was able to go to a new school so full of confidence and walk right in without thinking twice about not knowing anyone. I love that she is excited to go to school and embrace learning with such eagerness. I love that she has come home talking about her new friends and her great teacher and the many many things she has learned. My heart could not be more full watching her this past week.
My Big Girl
She loves her new "big" backpack
At her new school
Signing in
Putting her backpack on the hook
With her sweet teacher
after school...she got a treasure chest treat and a "tip top" for having a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment