On Memorial Day, we were hot and decided we needed to cool off so we headed over to Point Mallard. Well the girls were playing and having fun and Mallary decided she wanted to go down the tunnel slides in the kiddie park. Well she came flying out and when I picked her up her eye was covered in blood. I quickly dried her off and tried to see where it was coming from-her eyelid. I took her over to the First Aid where the EMT looked at it and said - it's pretty deep - Yall probably need to head over to the ER and see if they can glue it up. Ugh - but glue it up - no big deal! By this point she is fine, not crying, and probably ready to play some more...but we packed up and headed home. I took her to the ER and the Dr. looks at it and says it needs a stitch or two....WHAHHHHH. I really wasn't expecting it. I'll spare you the details, but use your imagination on what it was like to stitch a 2 year olds eyelid. 3 stitches later and a hug from mommy- she was good as new! The stitches were taken out last Friday and you can't even tell they were there!
No comments:
Post a Comment