Saturday, November 7, 2009

So did you notice?

Gracie's haircut? On Wednesday the 28th, Gracie decided she needed a little trim. I was working on birthday invitations and cutting out a "sample" to print before I ran the actual ones and at some point she took the scissors from me when she was running in and out to check on the invites.

Well she came in the kitchen and said look mom and like to have DIED...I mean not a little trim, but half of her head was cut so short, her partially pulled back ponytail half gone too. All I am thinking is OMG OMG OMG we're going to have to go boy short to fix this. My stylist was on maternity leave, but I called up to the salon and said someone has got to take us NOW! The sweet girls worked us in immediately.

Luckily, I had pulled more hair than normal up so it was thick enough and long enough to cover what she had done on the one side. I can't pull it up for awhile b/c it's so short underneath. The back definately has some uneven layers on the one side, but all the stylists suggested I am better off leaving it uneven and having the "bob" hair cut and getting it cut every few weeks to even it than going boyshort to make it even now. I agreed and was so thankful for their talent b/c I would have never thought about that.


"The Haircut"



This is what I pulled out of the couch cushions.
Yes, she hid it all!

Getting it fixed!

1 comment:

The Sandlin Family said...

I was wondering about the hair. Just thought maybe you were aiming for the "big" girl cut. It's cute.